Michael S. Wilson has practiced in commercial litigation and regulatory defense for more than 20 years. He is board certified in administrative law. He defends enterprise-level commercial disputes in civil courts and administrative hearings.
- Representation of regulated industry and quasi–governmental entities on matters of regulatory oversight, compliance, legislative implementation, rule-making, open government, enforcement proceedings, and administrative hearings.
- Reporting to executive and senior management and boards of directors.
- Acted as state-wide coordinating counsel for over 6,500 lawsuits, providing strategic guidance, management of defense, electronic discovery, matter management and administration of client policies and directives.
- Developed electronic discovery solutions for mass and serial litigation.
- Provided advice and counsel on claims process, agency relations, reinsurance, and insurance coverage.
- Drafted insurance policies, endorsements, and related forms, claims manuals, litigation guidelines, policyholder communications, and vendor agreements.
- Liquidated a major statutory workers’ compensation insurer, including representation of the Special Deputy Receiver.
- Litigation and trial of civil lawsuits, including contract and extra-contractual liability, coverage, and professional liability.
- Class action defense.
- Enforcement action defense.
- State Bar of Texas (admitted 1992)
- United States District Courts for the Western, Eastern, and Southern Districts of Texas
- Supreme Court of Texas (licensed 1992)
- Board Certified, Administrative Law, by Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Member, Austin Bar Association
- University of Texas (J.D., 1991)
- University of Texas, L.B.J. School of Public Affairs (M.P. Aff., 1991)
- Southwest Texas State University (B.A., cum laude, 1988)
- Review of Litigation
- Legal Research Board
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent™ Rating
- Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award for Academic Excellence
- Dean’s Achievement Award in Banking Law
- 12th Annual Windstorm Insurance Conference, Houston, Texas (January 2011)
- International Reinsurance Summit, Bermuda (June 2006)
- AAHSA National Convention, Nashville, Tennessee (October 2004)
- Casualty Actuarial Society, Spring Meeting, San Diego, California (May 2002)
- National Association of Mutual Insurance Companies, Chicago, Illinois (April 2002)
- Underwriting Executives Council, Fall Meeting (November 2001)