Davis & Wright is a community of lawyers, paraprofessionals, and administrative staff members. Davis & Wright understands that it is also a member of the larger Austin, Texas and United States communities, where we live, play and work. We contribute to the strength and vitality of these communities through a broad range of charitable activities, including our pro bono legal practice. We encourage our lawyers and staff to get involved in community activity and pro bono legal work early in their careers and to maintain that involvement as a lifelong commitment. Our people and their skills are the most valuable assets we have to contribute to an improved quality of life in our communities.
Read about Davis & Wright’s onging commitment as a sponsor of the Naturialization Ceremony for new U.S. citizens.
Pro Bono Legal Work
Our lawyers are active in the local Volunteer Legal Services program and provide essential legal services to those who might not otherwise have access to legal services. We make the firm’s facilities and personnel fully available for these efforts.
Davis & Wright applies the same professional standards to all client representations. We expect a lawyer undertaking a pro bono or other public service matter to devote sufficient time and effort to conform to our standards.
Our commitment is considerable. In fact, Davis & Wright has been recognized by the Austin Bar Foundation for its commitment to pro bono legal work with the Joseph P. Hart Award and the Suzanne Covington Pro Bono Service Award.
We believe that each lawyer and staff member must individually decide the nature and extent of his or her participation in pro bono, public service and community service activities.
Our individual lawyers and staff members have varying interests. They promote and pursue community service interests and cultural causes; they serve on the boards of civic and not-for-profit organizations; they involve themselves in bar association activities; and they volunteer their time to work for community-based groups, including governmental, legal, educational, charitable, cultural and religious endeavors. Their activities are diverse and all add value to our communities. Some of the organizations we support with our time and assets include:
Health and Welfare
- American Diabetes Association
- American Heart Association
- Austin Children’s Shelter
- Bertram Nursing Home
- Capital Area Food Bank
- Championship Hearts Foundation
- CommUnity Care
- Habitat for Humanity
- National Psoriasis Association
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure, Austin Affiliate
- Symphony of Soul
Education and Youth
- Austin Community Foundation / Aimee Melissa Davis Memorial Scholarship
- Boys & Girls Club of Georgetown
- Boys Scout Troop 410
- McCallum Football Booster Club
- McCallum PTA
- Presbyterian Pan American School
- St. Michael’s Episcopal Day School
- Young Life
- Austin Aussie Rescue
- Austin Humane Society
- Central Texas SPCA
- Love-A-Bull, Pit Bull Advocacy Group
- Town Lake Animal Shelter
- Ballet Austin
- Impact Austin
- Capital City Village
- Congregations Agudas Achim
- Deployed Soldiers in Afghanistan
- Foundation Communities
- Northwest Austin Rotary Club
- Texas C-Bar
- Texas Presbyterian Foundation
- The Junior League of Austin
- The Rotary Club of Austin (downtown)
- Tree Folks, Inc.
Legal and Civil Rights
- Austin Bar Foundation
- Foundation of the American Board of Trial Advocates
- National Foundation for Judicial Excellence
- Southern Poverty Law Center
- Texas Bar Foundation