- Appellate Law
- Business Services/
- Civil Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Law & Litigation
- Employment Law
- Estate Planning & Probate
- Government Litigation
- Health Law
- Insurance Regulatory & Litigation
- Long Term Care &
- Personal Injury Law
- Product Liability
- Professional Liability
Business Services / Real Estate
Davis & Wright’s Business Services Practice Group attorneys counsel and represent a diverse clientele of private and publicly held companies, tax-exempt and nonprofit organizations, professional service providers, family businesses and individuals. Our clients range from the start-up company with one or two employees to the well-established enterprise with multiple offices. They rely on us for answers to the ten-minute question as well as more complicated and involved legal problems.
Our clients include software consulting businesses and software development/programming companies, construction companies and contractors, health care providers, architects, petroleum marketers, convenience stores, insurance agencies, managing general agents, industrial service companies, real estate development companies, and retail stores.
Over the years, the group has grown in response to our clients’ needs and market demand to include the specialties outlined below. More detailed information about each area of law is also available.
Our core group of business attorneys advise clients on all phases of business organization and operations, providing assistance in business formation, reorganization and exit strategies, as well as financial issues. Our lawyers serve as general counsel, providing ongoing advice and corporate maintenance programs. We advise clients on all aspects of entering into contractual arrangements as part of a comprehensive business strategy. Our business attorneys are skilled at resolving shareholder and partner disputes prior to litigation.
- Business Formation, Structure and Reorganization
- Business Purchase and Sale
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Stock Transfer, Offerings and Repurchase
- Contract Negotiation and Drafting
- Stock Plans
- Non-competition, Proprietary Information and Severance Agreements
- Licensing, Trademark and Service mark matters
- Business Termination and Dissolution
- Insurance Premium and Coverage matters
Davis & Wright provides comprehensive legal services to a wide array of real estate clients. We have substantial expertise in most areas of real estate transactional and litigation work. We represent real estate investors, developers, buyers, sellers, owners, managers, landlords and tenants both locally and nationally. We serve as counsel to many major real estate industry participants requiring outstanding quality and depth in real estate legal services. Our real estate lawyers have a reputation for creativity and excellence and a strong commitment to client service. These services include:
- Sale and/or Purchase of Commercial or Residential Property
- Leases Partition
- Easements, Boundary Agreements
- Foreclosures and Loan Workouts
The modern building and design process is complex and rapidly changing. Owners demand faster construction at lower cost in an uncertain economy, which requires effective construction representation. General Contractors, Architects, Engineers, subcontractors, and suppliers often get caught in the middle of conflicting deadlines, confusing plans, and complex indemnity obligations. Davis & Wright’s construction attorneys are well-versed in all aspects of construction and handle disputes with the most advanced techniques. Our skills and client-centered approach allow our clients to focus on their business interests and achieve their goals.
- Owner-General Contractor Agreements
- Subcontractor Agreements.
- Statutory Liens and Surety Bonds, including Mechanics' and Materialsmens' liens, Performance and Payment Bond.
- Effective legal representation in the planning, administration and close-out of construction projects minimizes client risk and maximizes our clients’ success.
- Breach of Contract Disputes
- Construction Lien Filing and Litigation
- Construction Delay Claims
- Accounts Receivable Collections
- Acting as personal counsel to protect our clients when insurance counsel is hired.
- Employment Manuals
- Negotiations of Comprehensive Insurance and Employee Benefit Programs