Davis & Wright has 30 years of experience as a civil litigation law firm. We don't just handle cases and talk about going to trial. We handle cases with the intent of protecting our client's interests, including trying those cases before a jury when necessary. The lawyers at Davis & Wright have handled literally thousands of litigation matters ranging from administrative disputes before administrative boards to workers compensation cases. The depth of litigation matters handled by the firm is not just limited to personal injury, but can be seen in the variety of practice groups listed on the firm's website.
Three of the firm’s shareholders are board certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in different trial law fields, each of which requires a certain number of jury and bench trials before board certification can be obtained. In addition, two shareholders are also members of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), an invitation-only national organization comprised of trial lawyers dedicated to the preservation of the right to trial by jury.
Services that the Civil Litigation Practice Group can provide include
- Acting as national or regional coordinating counsel
- Acting as primary defense counsel
- Acting as trial counsel
- Conducting an early and thorough investigation of every case in order to provide a timely and honest evaluation of liability, causation and damages
- Assessing litigation risks from the outset of a lawsuit
- Identifying ways to bring lawsuits to prompt, cost-effective conclusions where advisable